1972 455 HO YB Engine
QR Code Link to This Post
For sale a complete 455 HO Ram Air set up for your under hood placement! Short block is complete, minus the water pump. There are no push rods either. I removed the short block back in '06 from my running 72 GTO. Short block has approx. 15K miles on the block. Short block has been in year round climate control since removal. I have since gathered up parts to complete the engine. Short block comes with:
- Original '72 aluminum Intake WITH Crossover. All threads are good, in original paint and unknown date code. Still has the original riveted crossover intact, so I'm not taking it off to check the date code.
- 7F6 455 HO round port heads. Date coded D132
- Original Ram Air cleaner, flaps are out of the snorkles, but comes with all the parts to put back together for fully functional original piece.
- Original Ram Air upper hood pan
- Ram Air boots - These are a hybrid boots I created from salvaged NOS boots. The top fold was cut completely off on both boots, so I purchased reproduction ones and cut off the bottom ring and inserted it into the inside of the cut NOS pieces. So just the top fold shows. Hard to see or even notice they are not 100% original pieces.
Short block is dated K261, a 455: 485428. Has a RAIV cam shaft installed.